Spinning Cube and Simple Clock

CC image #code by George Postoronca at Flickr

Spinning Cube and Simple Clock

Spinning Cube Screencast

Simple Clock Screencast

Scripting Resources

What You Learned

Through doing this project I learned more about basic scripting and using the asset store. Both projects had no animation and all relied simply on the scripting of the object. The simple clock definitely had the more complicated script out of the two, and it took me a class period to get perfect, but otherwise it was a relatively simple concept. With the spinning cube, the hardest part was just getting the assets into the game. On the tutorial, there was a link to the Robot Lab assets, but the link didn’t work. To solve this, I found the asset package directly from the asset store in Unity. Once I imported the assets, all I had to do was drag the cube provided into the scene, click 2 boxes, and write the script for the box so that it was able to spin. The script for the spinning cube was very easy, and took me five minutes to write. All in all, after doing these two tutorials I now have 2 new pieces of script that I can use in future games and a little more knowledge of the asset store.